London, UK - 20 February 08 – 3CX has announced the release of version 5.1 of 3CX Phone System for Windows. The latest version of the award-winning IP PBX has an integrated 3CX Tunnel which simplifies firewall configuration by channeling all VoIP traffic over a single port; making it easy for remote workers to connect to their company’s PBX and for Network Managers to connect different remote PBX systems between them. Traditionally, firewall configuration for remote SIP / VoIP systems and/or extensions can represent a challenge, because it requires many open ports.
Nick Galea, CEO at 3CX said: “We know how important it is for businesses nowadays to have remote workers and branches seamlessly integrated to their company’s phone system, and the addition of the 3CX Tunnel to 3CX Phone System for Windows facilitates this process.
“The 3CX Tunnel, unlike other similar tunneling protocols, is not proprietary and can be used with popular VoIP softphones and hard phones. This is ideal for businesses, as they can use a variety of telephone options with their IP PBX depending on their needs and budget.”
Key advantages of the 3CX Tunnel:
- Easy firewall configuration – choose any port (ie. port 80) for seamless networking
- Remote workers do not need to edit the firewall configuration to be able to connect to the IP PBX from any location (ie. home, hotels, conference centers, airports, etc.)
- Mobility, productivity and cost-saving advantages for businesses from the integration of remote workers and branches to the company’s phone system
3CX Phone System for Windows allows businesses to completely break free from the restrictions of hardware-based, proprietary phone systems. Built on the open SIP standard, 3CX IP PBX interoperates with all popular SIP phones, VoIP Gateways and VoIP providers.
Main advantages of adopting 3CX Phone System for Windows:
- Increases mobility – allows remote workers to be seamlessly integrated to the company’s phone system
- Eliminates expensive telephone tag by using the inbuilt Presence feature
- Simpler phone system administration via a web-based configuration
- Vendor independent – significant cost savings by choosing VoIP provider and SIP equipment of choice
- Delivers unified communications technology by merging voice and data networks, allowing businesses to simplify real time delivery of information.
Four available editions: Small Business, Pro, Enterprise and Free
3CX Phone System for Windows is available in four editions: Free, Small Business, Pro and Enterprise, all supporting an unlimited number of extensions. The Free edition is limited to 8 simultaneous calls, whereas the Small Business edition supports up to 8, the Pro version up to 16 and the Enterprise edition supports up to 32 simultaneous calls. Call capacity can be expanded with upgrade packs. A detailed edition comparison table can be found on http://www.3cx.com/phonesystem/edition-comparison.html
3CX Phone System Free edition
A Free edition, supporting an unlimited number of extensions, is also available. The Free edition can be downloaded from http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system.html.
# # #
3CX is an international developer of telecommunications software, headquartered in Europe with offices in Cyprus, USA, UK and Hong Kong. It is a Microsoft Gold Certified partner and is backed by an experienced management and development team. Its product, 3CX Phone System for Windows, developed specifically for the SMB market, has earned Windows Server 2003 Certification and has received numerous awards, including the TMC Labs 2007 Innovation Award, The Windowsnetworking.com Gold Award, as well as, the IT EXPO Best of Show award 2007 and the INTERNET Telephony Magazine Product of the Year Award, all in recognition to the company’s commitment to innovation and quality. 3CX maintains a global presence with offices in four countries and localized information available in many languages.