Website security is extremely important when it comes to your online success. It is vital for protecting your customer data and confidential information from being stolen. If you don’t give careful consideration to your website security, your visitors could become infected with malware, which could result in your website being blacklisted by the leading search engines.
If your website is hacked or spreads malware, chances are that you will be placed on the Google Blacklist. This is a security method that Google takes in order to protect your website’s visitors. Your website will no longer appear within the search results and if any of your users try to access the website directly, they will see the below warning message, which lets the user know that your website spreads malware.
Being blacklisted by search engines won’t only affect your search engine optimisation ranking, but will more than likely impact on the amount of traffic you receive. It can sometimes take months before your website is removed from Google blacklist, which is damaging for your online presence.
To avoid such an unpleasant situation you need a website monitor such as WebsiteDefender.com that detects security vulnerabilities, malware or under the hood hacker activity that could be present on your website. WebsiteDefender is an online website security service, which requires no maintenance or learning curve. It offers you an easy to understand and easy to use web dashboard, with clear instructions on how to fix discovered issues.
Upon a scan WebsiteDefender will:
- Notify you if your website’s files have been changed since the last scan. File changes might point to hacker activity. You will be able to see these changes and compare them with the old version.
- Scan your entire website for malware or malware links. Learn more about what malware means and how it can affect your website security.
- Notify you about any threats that target your website or blog.
- Check if your site is blacklisted by any internet search engine, such as Google.
- Continuously look for new security weaknesses on your site.
Furthermore, WebsiteDefender developed special security checks for WordPress such as:
- Checks if installed plugins and themes have vulnerabilities.
- Checks if the WordPress database is protected.
- Checks if your WordPress installation is secure.
- Alerts you if a new administrator account has been created or if the account credentials have beenchanged etc.
Make sure your website is not exposed to malware or hacker activity. Sign up for a free WebsiteDefender account and start securing your online presence today!